Why is Accompa less expensive compared to other enterprise-quality requirements software?
We often get this question from our prospective customers, wondering why Accompa costs less than comparable enterprise-quality requirements management software.
We're able to offer you these affordable price levels due to these two reasons:
- We've carefully optimized our business model to focus on only one thing - enterprise quality, cloud-based (SaaS) software. We do not build or sell anything else.
- We efficiently operate our entire company. For example, our Marketing & Sales expenses are well below industry averages.
As a result, you get enterprise-quality software and delightful customer service at an affordable price.
Would you like to find out whether Accompa can help your team too? Click the button below to get started now...
Still Using Word or Excel for Requirements?
They are so last eon! Discover a better way to manage your requirements…
Is your team still using Word, Excel, or other general-purpose tools (such as issue trackers) to manage your requirements? Learn why these are outdated tools for managing requirements – and can cause wasted time & project delays. Then discover a better way to manage your requirements…
Why Word & Excel Are “So Last Eon!” for Managing Requirements
When it comes to tracking and managing your requirements, Excel, Word, and other general-purpose tools (like issue trackers, and wikis) are readily available and your team already knows how to use them.
As a result, many teams end up using such tools to manage their requirements. But they are outdated tools for managing requirements. Why? Using such “general purpose” tools to track and manage your requirements can lead to:
- Incomplete Requirements
- As these are all general-purpose tools, it is very hard to gather requirements in a structured fashion. This often leads to incomplete requirements – one of the biggest reasons for project failures in a large study by The Standish Group.
- Incorrect Requirements
- Requirements documents created using Excel and Word usually are stored on the author’s computer, and are not accessible by others in real-time.
- This makes it harder to share, discuss, validate, and track changes – frequently leading to incorrect requirements which often cause project delays & failures.
- Lost Requirements
- Most importantly – it is very easy for requirements to drop through the cracks when using Excel/Word/wikis to manage them. Even critical requirements can be lost when the author forgets, is reassigned, or leaves your organization.
Incomplete, incorrect and lost requirements lead to project delays, and project failures – without you even knowing it is caused by the wrong tools. This is bad enough, but these tools are often even worse…
Wrestling with tools like Excel, Word & wikis to manage requirements takes valuable time away from your team’s higher-value activities, causes unnecessary stress and frustrates you…
This is why Engineering teams at most companies do NOT use Excel, Word, or wikis to track their Issues. And… this is why Sales teams at most companies do NOT use Excel, Word, or wikis to track their Contacts & Opportunities. They use tools built for that particular task — i.e. Bug trackers and CRM software, respectively. You too can prevent these losses and save valuable time by choosing the right tool to manage your requirements. Here is how…
What Should You Do Then?
Gartner, the leading independent market research organization, says the following:
“Requirements management can be simplified if initial requirements definitions are captured in a database-based tool to enable collaborative review… traceability and versioning/change control”
- Matt Light, Research Director, Gartner
Accompa is the leading cloud-based requirements management tool that allows you to avoid the shortcomings of Excel, Word, issue trackers & wikis – and track & manage your requirements successfully using a secure, central, customizable database.
Why Accompa Will Feel Like Puppies & Rainbows
Accompa is an easy-to-use and proven software used by 100s of companies of all sizes (from Fortune-500s to growing startups) to manage their requirements.
It is customizable to fit your organization’s needs. It is also affordable – it starts at just $199/month.
It has the following features that help you avoid the shortcomings of general-purpose tools…
Store & Manage Structured Requirements, in a Central Repository
- Store structured requirements in a central, web based database – instead of in unstructured documents and emails on the PCs of individuals like product managers or engineers.
- Create, track & manage requirements, features and use cases for your products/projects right from your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari) – without installing or maintaining any software.
- Access securely from anywhere (work, home or road) with any computer connected to the Internet.
- Enable multiple users to simultaneously access up-to-date requirements.
Customize to Fit Your Needs
- Customize Accompa right from your web browser, to fit the unique needs of your organization and users.
- Create unlimited custom fields to capture and track all aspects of your requirements.
- Create custom views to manage requirements for multiple products/projects.
- Define custom user roles to implement access privileges based on a user’s role in your organization.
- Integrate Accompa with other software used by your organization (such as bug trackers, test case tools, in-house applications, etc.) using Accompa REST API. Implement Single-Sign-On (SSO) to integrate user login with your Active Directory or LDAP.
Automate Gathering of Requirements With Custom Web Forms & Emails
- Gather feature requests over the web using custom web forms called “SmartForms.”
- Gather feature requests via email using custom email addresses called “SmartEmails.”
- Create unlimited number of SmartForms & SmartEmails for use in gathering requirements from customers as well as internal stakeholders such as Sales and Support teams.
- SmartForm and SmartEmail submissions are automatically converted into requirements using custom rules to save you valuable time. Review these submissions easily and process them for further action.
Track Changes & Dependencies Automatically
- Track dependencies and relationships between requirements easily – and avoid missed requirements which often lead to project failures.
- Perform quick impact analysis when changing, removing or deferring a requirement from a project.
- Meet your auditing & change management goals easily using baselines and automatic change history tracking.
- Ensure completeness of requirements in a project using features such as traceability matrix.
Share Requirements & Collaborate in Real-Time
- Share requirements across different departments of your organization in real-time – securely over the web.
- Collaborate via easy-to-use tools such as integrated discussion boards.
- Identify the most popular requirement themes using our powerful Social Tags.
- Get automatic email alerts on requirements, discussions, products and projects of interest to you.
Prioritize Requirements Using Systematic Methodology
- Prioritize requirements using repeatable, systematic methodology based on ROI (Return on Investment) metrics.
- Create custom formula to calculate ROI of your requirements, to fit criteria important to your organization.
- Say goodbye to prioritization based on ad-hoc methods and judgment calls.
- Focus your resources on highest value requirements – instead of just requirements that seem interesting.
Save Time & Eliminate Hassles Using Powerful Capabilities
- Find requirements of interest to you instantly using Accompa’s powerful search.
- Group and manage requirements and features in a hierarchical structure using interactive trees.
- Create and use requirements baselines to achieve powerful change management capabilities.
- Import from Excel with just a few clicks; Export with a single-click to Microsoft Word, Excel or HTML.
Generate Requirements Documents Using Intuitive Wizards
- Save time and reduce hassles involved in creating requirements documents such as MRD (market requirements document), PRD (product requirements document) or SRS (software requirements specifications).
- Create requirements documents (MRD, PRD or SRS) right from Accompa using intuitive wizards.
- Export with a single-click to Microsoft Word, HTML, or PDF to work on them further.
Imagine you and your team using Accompa to manage your requirements. You eliminate all the disadvantages & unnecessary stress that result from managing requirements using outdated, general-purpose tools like Excel, Word, issue trackers, etc. Using Accompa, you and your team work far more efficiently and more successfully. Click here to try Accompa risk-free right now…
Customers of All Sizes Love Us
From Fortune-500 companies to growing startups, 100s of companies use Accompa every day. Can Accompa help your company too?